Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, December 20, 2013

DONE!!!

My final Civil War Bride border is finished!!!  I'm so happy to be through with it.  Now I can assemble the quilt top and finish the embroidery and final applique pieces that will go in the corners of the borders.  

It took me 3 years to finish all the applique and I didn't even do all 20 of the blocks.  This quilt was my first attempt at hand applique so it was a learning process for me.  I can see how I improved with each block.  Had I not discovered back basting, I never would have started this quilt.  It made the process so easy and accurate.  I plan on machine quilting it on my domestic machine next year.  

My next applique project is Botanika.  I already have 2 blocks finished and I hope to be able to finish it a lot faster than my CWB.

Here are some pictures.  I didn't press the pieces or clean off all the little threads but I was so happy to have it finished that I quickly took some photos.  
 





2 comments:

  1. A good final border. The horse is my favorite part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, you have done an amazing job on this. It is so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Visit My Other Blogs